Patients and their families are now benefiting from a recent £660,000 upgrade at Severn Hospice.
The hospice, which cares for people and their families living with an incurable illness across Shropshire and Mid Wales, spent almost three months undertaking a complete refurbishment of the Perry Ward, the original ward at its Bicton site in Shrewsbury.
This means that all patients now have their own room, with en suite facilities. Other improvements have been made to the accommodation for visiting families, improvements to treatment rooms and the addition of a conservatory. All patient rooms now overlook the awardwinning gardens.
The refurbishment also includes the hospice’s first dementia-friendly rooms, which have technology to ensure security for patients with the condition and keep them safe.
John Carberry, Severn Hospice
Search the site
- June 2018 Newsletter
- May Newsletter
- Community Library at Pontesbury Spring Plant Sale
- U3A April 2018
- Pontesbury and District Forum Programme for Summer
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: APM March 2018
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Three ‘Round & About’ Walks: Saturday, 12 May
- Peace March in Shrewsbury
- Volunteers needed: Hanwood day centre
- Marches Choir and Sinfonia Concert
- West Shropshire Flower Club: March 2018
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
- Women’s World Day of Prayer
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive