West Shropshire Flower Club’s visit this year was to Stokesay Court and The Flower Garden at Stokesay Court. After an excellent and informative guided tour around the house we all enjoyed traditional afternoon tea; before a pleasant walk across the lawn in sight of the iconic fountain from the movie Atonement.
We received a warm welcome at the Flower Garden and had a lovely informal wander around the beautiful, old, walled kitchen garden admiring all the glorious garden flowers, especially the scent of David Austin’s ‘Queen of Sweden’ rose all set in tranquil South Shropshire countryside The flowers are cut and sold as British flowers to London and locally, many appearing as the choice of brides throughout the country.
The Club’s next meeting will be on Wednesday 27 September with demonstrator Sandra Snell and ‘Seasonal Delights’ at Yockleton Village Hall, SY5 9PS at 7.30 pm. Raffle, refreshments and plant stall will be available.
Search the site
- June 2018 Newsletter
- May Newsletter
- Community Library at Pontesbury Spring Plant Sale
- U3A April 2018
- Pontesbury and District Forum Programme for Summer
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: APM March 2018
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Three ‘Round & About’ Walks: Saturday, 12 May
- Peace March in Shrewsbury
- Volunteers needed: Hanwood day centre
- Marches Choir and Sinfonia Concert
- West Shropshire Flower Club: March 2018
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
- Women’s World Day of Prayer
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive