Shropshire Council has now published its draft strategy for the County’s Library Services for the years 2018 – 2023. It is out for consultation and the deadline for responses is Friday, 6 October.
Shropshire Council will take our comments as a basis for how to run the library Services for the next 5 years. It is proposed that the Community Library in Pontesbury is in Tier 2, giving us more council support e.g. a staffed librarian. We need to show that the Library is of value to our community by engaging with the survey, otherwise in the face of limited budgets, Pontesbury might be downgraded to Tier 3.
How to comment
To comment you need to copy the following link into your browser where you’ll see a rather pretty page entitled GET INVOLVED. Scroll down the page until you see 2 options PROPOSAL and HOW TO GET INVOLVED. The strategy document itself is a PDF file and can be read if you click on PROPOSAL. You can comment by clicking on HOW TO GET INVOLVED and following GO TO SURVEY.
There are just eight questions about using the Library, then the usual info is required about age/gender/ethnicity etc. All answers are totally anonymous. Guidance notes and hard copy of the Strategy are available in the library.
Search the site
- June 2018 Newsletter
- May Newsletter
- Community Library at Pontesbury Spring Plant Sale
- U3A April 2018
- Pontesbury and District Forum Programme for Summer
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: APM March 2018
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Three ‘Round & About’ Walks: Saturday, 12 May
- Peace March in Shrewsbury
- Volunteers needed: Hanwood day centre
- Marches Choir and Sinfonia Concert
- West Shropshire Flower Club: March 2018
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
- Women’s World Day of Prayer
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive