Happy New Year! I am writing this in December having had to close the library due to the snow. I don’t recall ever having to do that before. Let’s see what January brings.
The Atlantic ladies have set off on their way across the ocean. We will be following their course on our library map, and giving updates from their blog.
The library will be having an ‘Arty’ 2018. There will be the official unveiling of a sculpture in front of the library, a reading and book launch by a new local author as well as other art and craft displays. We had some beautiful glasswork on display during December. We will be looking for ideas for future dates, if you have something to share with the community, let us or one of the ‘Friends’ know.
As I say every year, should you be making a new year’s resolution, or taking up a new hobby, I am sure we will have a book on the subject. Pop along and have a look or for 70p we can request one in for you.
Story Time will be at 10.30 am on 8 January. We are looking into perhaps changing the time and day for this in the future, so if you have any preferences or comments please let us know.
The Library Owl
Search the site
- June 2018 Newsletter
- May Newsletter
- Community Library at Pontesbury Spring Plant Sale
- U3A April 2018
- Pontesbury and District Forum Programme for Summer
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: APM March 2018
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Three ‘Round & About’ Walks: Saturday, 12 May
- Peace March in Shrewsbury
- Volunteers needed: Hanwood day centre
- Marches Choir and Sinfonia Concert
- West Shropshire Flower Club: March 2018
- Pontesbury WI: March 2018
- Women’s World Day of Prayer
Council Minutes Archive
Planning Committee Archive