Members and guests were welcomed to the March meeting by the Vice President. After such a cold, snowy few weeks we enjoyed a “full of Spring” talk from our guest speaker Phillip Smith, the Head Gardener at Wollerton Old Hall Garden, Market Drayton. Started by the owners John and Leslie Jenkins, in the 1980s, Phillip explained using photographs how four acres of rather bare land has been transformed into a stunning garden, taking visitors from Spring to late Autumn through themes of busy colourful borders into tranquill spaces, water features and of course a superb tea shop! He was pleased to pass on his knowledge to our keen gardeners and many of us will be taking a trip to see Wollerton Old Hall Garden in all its glory.
We will be continuing the Pontesbury WI 100th Birthday theme during April. The walkers in our group will complete 100 miles between them finishing at Pontesbury Public Hall on 23 April at 11.30am. Friends and local residents are very welcome to join us for coffee/tea and cake at the Public Hall from 11.30am – 1pm.
Pontesbury WI meet on the second Monday of the month at Pontesbury Public Hall at 2pm. Visitors are always warmly welcomed to our meetings, if you would like more information please ring Sue Brookes on 01743 790610.
Search the site
- September 2018 Newsletter
- Tour of St. John the Baptist Church, Myndtown
- July 2018 Newsletter
- June 2018 Newsletter
- May Newsletter
- Community Library at Pontesbury Spring Plant Sale
- U3A April 2018
- Pontesbury and District Forum Programme for Summer
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: APM March 2018
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Three ‘Round & About’ Walks: Saturday, 12 May
- Peace March in Shrewsbury