Plans are well under way for this annual Bishops Castle event, which collected a total of £7,935 for blood cancer research in 2017. Both walkers and volunteer helpers are welcome, to enjoy the day and support this cause.
There are three walks:
Ramble – 22.5 miles over the rolling Shropshire hills from and back to Bishop’s Castle, via Offa’s Dyke, Shropshire Way, Walcot Estate and Bury Ditches, with a welcome hot vegetarian lunch at Clun.
Scramble – 13 miles, leaving Bishop’s Castle to climb up to Offa’s Dyke from Mainstone and enjoy views along the Cefns before dropping down to Clun, past the castle, for lunch and transport back to Bishop’s Castle.
Amble – 9.5 miles. Transport is provided from Bishop’s Castle to Clun for lunch, before an undulating stroll to Bury Ditches, then through the Walcot Estate and over Oakeley Mynd to Bishop’s Castle.
The Route, while sometimes remote, is quite safe, as we provide clear signage, written instructions and helpful marshals.
Entry fee online £18 (£19 by post) to include instructions, refreshments, lunch, transport as needed, and a certificate.
For details and to enter visit: www.bloodwise.org.uk/round-and-about
To volunteer, contact email@example.com
The closing date for applications is Monday 7 May.
Search the site
- September 2018 Newsletter
- Tour of St. John the Baptist Church, Myndtown
- July 2018 Newsletter
- June 2018 Newsletter
- May Newsletter
- Community Library at Pontesbury Spring Plant Sale
- U3A April 2018
- Pontesbury and District Forum Programme for Summer
- Pontesbury Parish Council Report: APM March 2018
- Stiperstones & Corndon Hill Country Landscape Partnership Scheme
- Three ‘Round & About’ Walks: Saturday, 12 May
- Peace March in Shrewsbury